Tuesday, December 10, 2013

cozy in cable knit

Racing my brother to see who can wrap the garland around the staircase the fastest. Baking Christmas cookies (which are oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip in my house :) at home with my Mom and scolding Dad for snagging a few. Hanging ornaments on the Christmas tree and erecting the nativity scene with holiday songs playing softly in the background.

These are all essential moments that make up the holiday season for me each year. These are the moments that I look back on and cherish year after year.

To work like busy bees decorating the house all day, you have to be comfy and cozy. This cable knit sweater with velvet elbow patches is the perfect solution to looking stylish but being able to move. I paired it with jeans and metallic ballet flats.

For accessories, I wore a pair of simple pearl studs and a plaid, retro-inspired purse. Lastly, I just had to add my orange pea coat (featured in this post) because the colors coordinated so perfectly with my purse.














Sweater (similar): TJ Maxx
Tank Top: Target
Jeans: Madewell
(can you tell that I have a wee obsession with target?)

Tell me in the comments section what your favorite winter fashion essential is, and how you would style it! Thanks so much for taking time to read this blog post, and I hope you have a great rest of your day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the outfit! That purse is adorable! I wish the targets in Canada would get the cute accessories.

    -Katherine
    Http://scallopedandbows.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete