Monday, February 10, 2014

change is good

Hey, guys! Today, I am excited to come to you with a new direction and perspective for my blog. When I started this blog a couple of months ago, I was so inspired by all of the established fashion, beauty, decor, and lifestyle bloggers out on the Internet. I knew that I had to be a part of this unique online community being transformed every single day by the ingenuity of newbie bloggers' contributions.


My posts are filled with beauty product reviews and my daily outfit pictures, but I want to contribute more to you, my readers. Don't get me wrong, I love an adorably coordinated outfit as much as the next girl (how do you think this blog began in the first place?!), but I want to be able to talk about much more. I want to inspire discussion and debate, encourage people to dig deep into topics about which they're passionate, and spark creativity amongst readers of all ages. 

As a high school teenager, I am just beginning the road to adulthood. The biggest items on my current checklist are making sure I have my homework turned in on time, getting a certain number of community service hours, maintaining good and drama-free friendships, etc. But, my true goal is to inspire women and men of all ages to take charge of the ability each one has to accomplish goals and discover their dreams, while also providing them with tips and tricks to remain professional, organized, and determined on their road to success.  

Now, what does this mean for the blog? Well, don't worry... the fashion and beauty posts will still be a prevalent part of this blog. But, I want to break out of the strictly "fashion blog" category and write about whatever I'm feeling, learning, processing, and hearing in the world around me. One of my life goals is to make a difference in peoples' lives. I want to leave more of an impression on my readers than just what brand my clothes are or what my opinion on the newest lip gloss is. And I hope that I'll have the opportunity to interact with each of you, and together we can make this blog what you want and need.

. . .

 Thank you so much for all of your support, and I look forward to this blog's future! Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I look forward to having more of your unique voice in your posts.

    -- Alex at Brainy Girls Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really appreciate your supportive comments :)

      Delete